I find the changes in online advertising since its humble beginnings back in the ‘90s are nothing short of revolutionary. We now have sophisticated software that does remarkable things like providing valuable customer insights and automating the entire ad buying process in real-time.
Who should invest monthly to have ads run on relevant websites?
Online advertising is a necessity for all companies in all industries. After all, you don’t want your company to be the world’s best kept secret, do you? And, with the latest technological advancements like programmatic advertising, you can now target users on mobile apps and websites at the right time with the right message.
What is programmatic advertising?
Programmatic advertising is the evolution or revolution in online advertising. It automates the process of buying and selling ad inventory through an exchange which connects advertisers to publishers. It allows you to automate your purchase of digital media ad space for inventory across mobile, display, video and social channels through a variety of digital platforms including ad exchanges, real-time bidding (RTB), and demand-side platforms (DSPs).
What is an ad exchange?
An ad exchange is a digital marketplace that helps media buyers to buy ad space across a range of sites at once, rather than negotiating buys with each individual publisher. Google and Facebook both have ad exchanges.
What is real-time bidding or RTB?
RTB allows publishers and advertisers to buy and sell ad inventory on a per-impression basis through an auction. You can bid on an impression and if you win the bid, the publisher’s website will instantly display your ad.
What are demand-side platforms or DSPs?
DSPs help advertisers manage all of their exchange campaigns through a single interface and they enable advertisers to optimize their bids.
What are the advantages of programmatic advertising?
- Precise targeting in real-time: You can serve a specific ad to a specific consumer in real-time and determine who sees the ad and when.
- Cost efficient: You’re only paying to reach the customers you want to reach.
- Customer insights: Programmatic systems can evaluate millions of real- time data features, including clickstream, demographic, psychographic or behavioural data and determine if a given consumer is likely to be a prospect.
- Simplifies the media buying process: The programmatic advertising technology does the work for you.
- Improves your ROI: Programmatic technology is continually working to improve performance towards your campaigns KPIs and increasing overall ROI.
The future of online advertising is here I can’t wait to see how it continues to evolve.