With New Years Eve upon us, I’m looking forward to singing Auld Lang Syne, the traditional song that is now sung all around the world to ring in each New Year. For me, the lyrics have always signified recognition of, and gratefulness for, our long-standing friendships.
Writing this last blog for 2012 got me thinking not only about my personal relationships, but also about others who are near and dear to me – namely, my clients. I own Creativeworks, a marketing agency offering strategic marketing advice, development, implementation and measurement to SMBs. In developing strategies, I spend quite a bit of time getting to know and understand not only my clients’ business, but very often the business owner as well.
Once we implement the strategy, we work with our clients, sometimes on a rather constant basis. As such, I have a number of thank-you messages for my clients, with whom I have built and fostered long-term relationships. Without you, my agency would not exist.
- Thank you for continuing to be open to my innovative ideas, and letting me push the marketing envelope to help you obtain your goals.
- Thank you for calling me whenever you want to brainstorm your way through an idea. I appreciate that you value my opinion, and trust that I will develop solutions on which to act.
- Thank you for allowing me the opportunity to help you better understand the nuances of your marketing, e.g. why social media works, and why your printer should not design your logo.
- Thank you for working with me on fostering our relationship.
- Thank you for continuously allowing me to bring you the latest industry trends and insights to your attention, so that we might implement them for your business.
- Thank you for letting us work hard for you every day.
- Thank you for allowing us to celebrate and share in your successes that have been realized through the work we have done together.
To those of you reading this blog who are not my clients, I thank you for reading my blog. In 2013, I will continue to bring you hands-on, thought-provoking insights based on my personal experiences as an owner of a Toronto marketing agency. To all, a happy new year!
Please let me know if there are any topics you’d like me to write about in 2013. Do you have any other marketing or related questions for me? Please share your questions and comments below.